This was a little thing I did to help Haiti. I also donated money directly to the cause, of course, but I bought this pattern because I thought it was pretty and also because the money was going to help the Haiti effort. It took me longer to knit than was really necessary but I lost my knitting mojo in the middle of the project and let it languish in the living room knitting basket for a couple of months.
To recap, this is Brandywine shawl, knit with Knitpicks Stroll kettle dyed sock yarn in gold on size 6 needles.
I pinned it out and blocked it yesterday. I ran wires through all three sides of the triangle and pinned out the bottom point and let it dry overnight. I didn’t take pictures of that, though.
I rarely take pictures of shawls on my body (just because I am usually alone and it is difficult) but here is a decent one (it also makes me laugh that you can see half of my dog in the background):
On the porch after this morning’s rainstorm:
A picture that shows a bit of the drape and the smooshy garter stitch section:
It’s pretty. I’m happy with it. It is warmer than most lace items because of the thicker yarn and smaller needles and the large garter stitch section in the center but it will be good for this fall/winter.
In other news, I found the sweater. Will be working on that while deciding what lace item to cast on next.